- Posted by: Administrator
- Category: Finance
ABOUT THE CONFERENCE
The East Africa Infrastructure Project Finance Conference is an annual forum that seeks to explore mechanisms that can increase investment in infrastructure in the East African region through efficient structuring of infrastructure projects.
The forum brings together, among others, project lenders, project owners, insurance firms and government entities to brainstorm and share expertise on how to structure longer-term and sustainable infrastructure finance facilities and mechanisms that will ensure more investment in the region. The conference aims to showcase the infrastructure opportunities, the challenges, the risks and how the region, jointly with multilateral agencies and other stakeholders, can mitigate the risk exposures so as to ensure favorable returns for the stakeholders in this sector.
The outcome of this conference will lead to more investment and possible acceleration of the infrastructural development of the region. Additionally, the conference will help the leadership of the region, project sponsors and other contracting entities in successfully packaging infrastructure project proposals in such a way that they attract sustainably and longer-term financing.
The conference is an initiative of Lean Africa Consultants Limited, a consulting firm incorporated in Kenya that offers project finance and Public-Private Partnership (PPP) advisory services. Lean Africa’s vision is to structure sustainable financing solutions that conclusively address the needs, challenges, and opportunities of Africa.
- To build capacity on how to structure and enhance infrastructure project proposals so as to make them bankable.
- To engage the banking fraternity on the need to model sustainable longer-term finance facilities for infrastructure projects.
- To explore mechanisms that can minimize and mitigate risks in infrastructure projects.
- To create a forum through which the East African region can show case infrastructure project pipeline.
- To increase investment in infrastructure through efficient structuring of infrastructure projects.
- To explore possibilities of harmonizing the region’s PPP framework so as to be able to sell regional projects to the private sector.
CONFERENCE KEY FOCUS AREAS
INFRASTRUCTURE PROJECT STRUCTURING
INFRASTRUCTURE RISK MANAGEMENT
INFRASTRUCTURE PROJECT FINANCING
PUBLIC – PRIVATE PARTNERSHIPS
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING THE CONFERENCE
Learn from renowned infrastructure project consultants on how best to structure infrastructure project proposals for success. Additionally, you can benchmark how other project owners in the region have been able to successfully structure and implement signature infrastructure projects.
The conference brings together diverse infrastructure project lenders including commercial banks, pension funds and development financing institutions. These entities will showcase the different financing lines that they offer and how you can package infrastructure proposals to secure financing through them.
Have an early look at the project pipeline of the East African region and identify key projects that you might be interested in and position your company for business.
The conference is a strategic opportunity to network with the government officials, top management of commercial banks and contracting authorities, infrastructure consultants and legal entities that will be in attendance. Take advantage of the breaks during the conference to close important deals to further your business agenda.
WHO ATTENDS THE CONFERENCE?
- Ministries of Finance/ Infrastructure/Transport of the East African countries
- Public-Private Partnership Unit Directors
- Infrastructure Financing units of contracting entities
- Infrastructure /Project Finance Units of Commercial Banks
- Insurance companies
- Institutional investors
- EPC contractors
- Project Finance Consultants
- Law firms
- Multilateral and Development Finance Institutions
- Research and educational institutions
- Economic and Commercial Offices of foreign governments