Play a lead role in maintaining and enhancing the relationships with partner financial institutions that use guarantee instruments and also carry out tasks relating to the monitoring and reporting of guarantee instruments
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage ongoing relationships with financial institutions in a manner that safeguards the company’s best interests
- Promote the sustainable development of the company’s trade finance business in all the branches
- Lead trade finance guarantee project origination and supervision missions by visiting clients and assessing their compliance with the terms of the guarantee agreements including eligibility of trade instruments etc.
- Develop and promote new trade finance products by providing regular feedback on the needs of users guarantee instruments and changes in market dynamics
- Work with partner institutions to ensure the repayment of overdue transactions by issuing banks to forestall a call on the company’s guarantee
- Monitor the utilization of various trade finance limits, compliance with conditions and covenants of guarantee agreements, and reconciliation of income due to the company on each guaranteed transaction
- Monitor the performance of trade finance guarantee portfolio – analyse, recommend and implement changes to ensure the products remain relevant to the needs of clients
- Prepare regular trade finance guarantee portfolio reports for the benefit of various internal stakeholders including senior management and Directors
- Ensure compliance of all guarantee projects with related agreements and various company guidelines, including anti-money laundering guidelines
- Work collaboratively with colleagues both in the Head office and at the branches in a manner to ensure timely and effective delivery of business objectives. This would involve active consultation and communication through personal action and active follow-up where necessary.
- Hold at least a bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Banking, Economics or related discipline
- Have a minimum of five (5) years’ experience in commercial banking and/or development banking in areas such as trade finance operations, transaction reconciliations and risk analysis, with in-depth knowledge of best practices in managing trade finance guarantee instruments, especially letters of credit issuance and confirmation
- Financial institution and/or corporate client relationship management experience and skills would be a definite advantage
Client oriented i.e., ability to naturally consider that a client is of primary importance in all transactions and interactions. Strives to understand, and when appropriate, anticipate client needs, and ensures that the client receives the best possible service from the company
How to Apply
If you possess the stated qualifications and work experience, please send your application and CV (as one document), quoting the position applied on the email subject on firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for the receipt of applications is on 7th December, 2018.
An attractive remuneration coupled with a conducive working environment to grow beyond ones limit awaits suitable candidates.