Salary & Other benefits
- Basic salary from 35,000
- Medical cover upon confirmation.
About the role
Mwananchi Credit Limited is Kenya’s No. 1 provider of Logbook Loans and other related Secured Emergency Loans. This role holder will undertake risk assessments, audit planning, and executing audit assignments. The role holder will also systematically evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of governance, risk management, and internal controls at Mwananchi Credit Limited. Reporting to the Internal Audit Manager, you will design and enable the Audit Risk Committee to achieve its key objectives.
Under the supervision of the Internal Audit Manager, the Audit Assistant will:
- Participate in preparation and execution the of Internal Audit Plan;
- Determine the scope of the audit engagements, prepare audit programs, document findings, make effective and efficient recommendations to address the identified issues and control weaknesses and agree on the timelines for corrective action with reference to the Internal Audit Methodology;
- Perform special audits on an ad-hoc basis, this includes but not limited to supporting specific audits to investigate adherence with policies, procedures, and legal/regulatory requirements to identify and evaluate exposures and to correct defective processes;
- Conduct risk assessments during audit engagements and ensure that the organisation Risk Registers are updated;
- Ensure the implementation of efficient processes for documenting all audit-related initiatives and activities in line with the guidance provided by the Internal Audit Methodology.
- Regularly monitor and report the status of both internal and external audit recommendations and appraise adequacy of follow-up action taken on audit findings and recommendations;
- Share updates with Internal Audit Manager on regular basis on execution and progress on assigned tasks and any arising significant internal control issues;
- Strive to continuously develop knowledge in the sector regarding rules, regulations, best practices, techniques, and performance standards; and
- Undertake any other tasks as assigned by Internal Audit Manager.
- Minimum of 1 year audit experience.
- Knowledge of Internal Audit Standards;
- Strong computer skills and exposure to ERPs; and
- Must have knowledge of IA Standards
Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Commerce, Accounting, Business Administration, or a related field
Professional Qualifications & Knowledge
- CPA (K) qualification, or the equivalent; and
- Professional Internal Audit qualification such as CIA added advantage