Nissan Lafesta is a multi-purpose car built by Nissan motor, a Japanese automaker. Nissan launched the first generation of Nissan Lafesta model in 2004, and the production of second-generation started in 2011. The second-generation Nissan Lafesta Highway Star is a version of Mazda Supremacy but with customized features to bring out the best Nissan models.
It is one of the best family cars in Kenya, with its popularity growing thanks to its spacious seven-seater capacity and sliding rear doors, among other reliable features. Its style, features, and affordability make it one of the most admirable multi-purpose cars in Kenya. Many features will convince you that it’s the right car to budget for.
Nissan Lafesta Reviews Kenya
The popularity of Nissan Lafesta in Kenya, especially to families and individuals looking for a spacious car, is rising. Since its inception, the manufacturer has not disappointed her clients with different models being launched to improve the functionality and performance of the car in different environments. Before going deeper into the reviews of this car, here are the different Nissan Lafesta models in Kenya that you may be interested in;
Nissan Lafesta 2013
It is commonly referred to as Nissan Lafesta Highway Star, an improved version of the Mazda Supremacy car. One noticeable feature with this model is the transformation of its transmission from a CVT to a traditional auto increasing its reliability. This car is available in 2 types of engines, a 2.0L 2WD (FWD) and a 2.0L 4WD; both can deliver 129 horsepower, and it has a continuous variable type transmission. This model has powered by petro with an engine displacement of 1997cc, and it has 5 doors and a 7-seater capacity.
Nissan Lafesta 2014
It’s one of the classiest cars in the market, bearing a 2014 model. You can choose either the 2WD or 4WD system, with both systems being spread across different grades. The two systems have a 2.0L engine with displacements of either 1997cc or 1998 cc and an automatic transmission with 4, 5, or 6 gears, depending on the model code. The petrol-powered engines can deliver between 139 to 150 horsepower.
This model still maintains the 7-seater capacity with adequate legroom in the first and second row. The third row is also a comfortable one but ideally for children; otherwise, it may not be comfortable for a tall adult. The dual power sliding doors make it easier to access the second and third-row seats. The 4WD feature makes it possible to navigate this car on Kenyan murram roads, even on a rainy day.
It offers Nissan Lafesta new shape features that improve its exterior and interior appearances. From the inside, your passengers can have a superb outwards view regardless of their sitting position thanks to its large windows feature. On the exteriors, the new shape offers a striking aerodynamic design that has a horizontal chrome grid.
Nissan Lafesta 2020
This model is yet to be released, but I will keep you posted should it be released soon. Mazda supremacy 2018 is one of the best alternatives of the Nissan Lafesta new model, yet to be released. Even so, the Mazda supremacy 2018 model was the last version of its kind to be produced. It features two engine types; a 1.8L engine with 115 horsepower and a 2.0L engine that delivers 148 horsepower.
Nissan Lafesta Vs Mazda Premacy
The second generation of Nissan Lafesta is another version of Mazda Premacy (third-generation) made by Mazda Motor Corporation. These two types of cars have a lot of similarities. However, Nissan differentiated the Mazda model by changing the Nagare design to a new MPV by removing wavy lines on the side of the original Mazda Supremacy. The clone-faced grille in the Mazda Premacy was replaced by a strong and stylish three-bar grid that has a chiseled-style frontage.
Nissan Lafesta Vs Toyota Wish
These are popular mid-sized multi-purpose cars in Kenya. They are both great vehicles to buy in Kenya, and they have great features in common. However, the two manufacturers have tried to differentiate these models from their prices to unique features and performances. The differences include;
- On performance, Nissan Lafesta has a 2.0L engine that delivers a maximum of 150 horsepower, and it can move from a speed of 0 to 100km/h in 12 seconds. On the other hand, Toyota Wish has 1.8L and 2.0L engines that pump out 142 and 155 horsepower, respectively. And both can accelerate from 0 to 100km/h in 11.3 seconds and 10.8 seconds, respectively. Nissan Lafesto has a 55L fuel capacity and average fuel consumption of 13km/l, while Toyota wish has a 60L fuel capacity with a consumption rate of 14.9km/l.
- On the Nissan Lafesta interior, there is a well-put dashboard from good quality material and switchgear, adequate legroom, and adjustable seats. There is reasonable quality switchgear on the Toyota Wish, but the dashboard is made of shiny plastic material that looks cheap. While Lafesta has comfortable seats for both driver and passenger, the seats on the wish are not comfortable.
- On pricing, foreign used 2014 Nissan Lafesta price in Kenya starts from Ksh 990,000 while that of 2014 Toyota wish starts from Ksh 1,500,000 when it’s a foreign used car. Several factors determine the prices, mileage being one of them. Considering the great features of the Lafesta and the price, we can conclude that it is one of the affordable mini-van in the market.
Both are reliable mid-sized multi-purpose vans.
Nissan Lafesta for Sale in Kenya
Numerous verified car dealers in Kenya offer Nissan Lafesta for sale. If you are in the market for this car, you can either buy one from a local owner or visit one of the dealers for an imported one. By searching Nissan Lafesta for sale in Mombasa online, you will find various dealers with different Nissan Lafesta that you can buy. When choosing these dealers, ensure auto loan lenders like Mwananchi Credit recognize them; this will make your financing easy should you need one.
Besides being a verified dealer, you have to be keen on the car’s condition before signing the papers. Check on the mileage, engine status, interiors, and exteriors of the car. You’re making an investment that should serve you for several years. Other aspects to consider include;
Nissan Lafesta Specifications
Some of the admirable Nissan Lafesta specs include;
- Good fuel consumption: Nissan Lafesta fuel consumption averages in the range of 10 to 14 km/l. You can do a lot with this fuel consumption rate. If you need this car for your family, you can be sure it will save a lot on your traveling expenses compared to hiring a cab.
- Seating capacity: Nissan Lafesta 7-seater feature makes it one of the best spacious compact cars for family use. You can carry up to 6 passengers in this car with the two back seats reserved for children. You can also use it to transfer a maximum of four visitors and ample size boot space if you fold the third-row seats.
- Drive Type: This model is available on either 2WD or 4WD systems. If you are doing much of your driving on the Kenyan murram roads in rainy weather, you should consider going for a 4WD Nissan Lafesta. However, if you spend most of your time in urban centers with no marram road and low rainy seasons, a 2WD Lafesta is okay.
Nissan Lafesta Common Problems
Since its inception, Nissan Lafesta has had a good reputation in the market. However, this does not mean that the car is perfect. Different users in Kenya and abroad have complained of few shortcomings in this model. The complaints include;
- The car has a low ground clearance.
- Nissan Lafester engine problems include poor CVT transmission and transmission fluid leakage.
- Suspension problems and body rattling, which is common in older models
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Nissan Lafesta a good car?
Yes, this is one of the most dependable, elegant, and affordable mid-sized multi-purpose vehicles in the Kenyan market today. Both 2WD and WD systems make it a reliable car for both rural and urban areas with good fuel economy. Its seating capacity is adequate for a family person.
How many cc is Lafesta?
This car has an average of 1997 to 1998cc depending on the model code of the vehicle, with most versions being 2000cc. Since Nissan started making the Lafesta models, it has not produced a Nissan Lafesta 1500cc. A 2000cc engine delivers more power than a 1500cc.
What does Lafesta mean?
Lafesta comes from an Italian term ‘festa,’ which means a holiday, party, or festival. Nissan Lafesta is therefore meant to be a car where one can enjoy themselves with family members or friends. Its spacious nature and style cannot overrule this fact.
Nissan Lafesta is a stylish car for individuals with big families shopping for an economical and budget-friendly car. If you like this car, Mwananchi Credit can make your dream come true by offering financial support to buy this car by giving an auto loan. The lender offers auto loans ranging from Ksh 100,000 to Ksh 25,000,000 at the best interest rates in the market. Besides financing you to buy a car, you can secure a business loan using your car logbook loan; contact them today for a deal.